I love finger food but since becoming gluten and dairy intolerant, I find it very difficult to find suitable foods to eat at parties. This is an excellent simple and easy recipe for you to take to your next event and at the same time impress your friends, proving yet again healthy foods can be simple and delicious. Enjoy!
What you need:
150grams of cashews
1 crushed or finely chopped garlic clove
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
½ teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of cracked pepper
1 long Lebanese cucumber
6 cherry tomatoes
Sea salt or Vege salt to sprinkle over the top
What you need to do (makes 12)
- To make the cashew cheese, soak cashews in water for 4 hours, drain and rinse.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, add cashews, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and blend until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons on water and blend until smooth
- Set aside cashew cheese.
- Slice cucumber into 12 x 1.5cm slices and place on a tray
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half
- Scoop a small amount of cashew cheese onto each cucumber slice and top with half of a cherry tomato.
- Sprinkle with sea salt or vege salt
- Serve and enjoy