So yesterday I was running around all day like a chook with it’s head cut off and when I finally made it home I had no idea what I was going to cook… Somehow I managed to throw together some stray ingredients that I had in my fridge and pantry and this is what happened- it was delicious and just what I needed. Simple, nourishing and YUMMY!
Chicken Curry Soup
What you need:
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
500grams Chicken Mince
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
2 large parsnip chopped
2 large carrots chopped
1/2 bunch flat leafed parsley roughly chopped
1.5 cups of frozen peas
1 can of coconut cream
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of Rogan Josh Curry Paste (or whichever curry paste you have on hand)
Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- In a large cooking pot cook garlic and onion in coconut oil until browned, add chicken mince and continue to stir until chicken is cooked.
- Take out chicken mix and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients into original pot (don’t worry about washing the pot) and bring to the boil – please ensure that all vegetables are covered in liquid, if not just add a bit more water.
- Once you bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add chicken and simmer for 1 more minute ensuring the chicken is stirred through the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and enjoy
If possible please use organic ingredients as they are better for your belly. Also feel free to use whichever veges you have on hand, make the recipe work for you.