This is a super simple, quick and easy way to create a delicious veggie-packed meal.
When we wanted to start eating healthier meals, move away from packaged foods like pasta and get more vegetables in, I know I found it a bit overwhelming. My hope is to make it more simple for you guys.
In our house right now we are loving tamari sauce which is similar to soy sauce but is gluten-free and has a richer flavour. We combine it with thyme for the beautiful sauce in this dish.
What you need:
1 packet of organic Tofu – soak up the water by wrapping in a paper towel while you prepare your veggies
2 Garlic cloves – chopped or crushed
1 Onion – chopped
250g Pumpkin – chopped into small chunks
1 Large carrot – chopped
1 Large handful of beans – sliced or chopped
1 Large handful of mushrooms – sliced
1/4 cup corn –
2 Spinach leaves– chopped
2 Tsp dried thyme
2 Tbsp of Tamari (delicious gluten free sauce)
1 Tbsp of Virgin coconut oil for frying
OPTIONAL: Add chicken or meat for additional protein.
What you need to do:
- Simply saute onion and garlic in your pan in coconut oil until it becomes translucent.
- Turn the heat down and add the pumpkin. Stir and cook on a lower heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the other vegetables and tofu, and give it all a good stir.
- Simmer for 10 minutes with the tamari sauce and thyme.
- If it begins to stick add a little water and continue to stir well to stop it from burning.
Once it is all cooked through…
Simply serve and enjoy x