You might already understand the level of toxic chemicals in your bathroom products, but I know how hard it can be to even begin to think of replacing them all! Don’t feel like you have to do everything at once. Start small with simple products that are easy to make, and you’ll find you will have more natural products in no time! Here are some of my beauty favourites:
- Use as a body moisturiser, or even as a body wash in the shower. I know some people use coconut oil as a facial cleanser too, depending on your skin type.
- If you’re a fan of oil pulling, try coconut oil with a drop of OnGuard for added protection.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Add a few drops of Lavender and epsom salts to your next bath rather than using a chemical-laden bath wash or bath bomb.
- Dilute one drop of Lavender with 10ml of a carrier oil to help clear up any skin irritation associated with chafing.
- Add five drops of Lavender with oatmeal in a baby food jar and use as a natural facial scrub next time your are due to exfoliate.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to affected areas of razor burn to help soothe and soften skin, while also helping reduce redness.
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Dilute one drop of Peppermint in a glass of water and use as a mouthwash.
- Dilute Peppermint with a carrier oil and rub over joints for a cooling effect to help with occasional muscle soreness.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Dilute one drop of Frankincense with one drop of a carrier oil and apply to problem areas on your skin. Frankincense can help slow signs of ageing and reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Dilute one drop of Frankincense with three drops of a carrier oil and apply as a facial serum for radiant looking skin.
- Add a drop of Frankincense to weak or brittle nails to strengthen them instead of using a nail strengthener polish.
Want to know more about how you can use essential oils to detoxify your home? Have a read of my Introduction to Essential Oils eBook.