The Easter long weekend is a great time to catch up with friends and family and have a nice break. For me, it sometimes leads to having guests over. We all known entertaining can sometimes be draining for the host (especially when it’s last minute!), but it doesn’t have to be. Today I wanted to share my easy salad recipe I use when I need to pull something together quickly – and it’s so yum trust me! This salad is also great if you are going somewhere and need something to bring along.
What you need:
- ½ cup cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ green or red capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 whole beetroot, peeled then grated
- ½ cup of sprouts
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1x 185gm can of pink or red salmon
- ½ cup of homemade mayonnaise*
*I try to stay away from the conventional stuff it is full of added nasties.
What you need to do:
- Mix all salad ingredients together in large bowl
- Drain the can of salmon and mix into the salad
- Add desired quantity of homemade mayonnaise and mix well
- Serve and enjoy!