This is a lovely simple dish, feel free to substitute the vegetables with any veg you have in the fridge. This recipe is packed full of nutrients and is super yummy.
What you need:
Tbsp coconut oil
500grams chicken breast or thigh, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can of organic diced tomatoes
2 x tbsp tomato paste
½ cup of water
2 x carrots, cubed
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
2 tsp pepper
½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 x zucchini, cubed
1 x capsicum, chopped
½ cup of broccoli, chopped
1 bunch of pack choi, roughly chopped
What you need to do:
- Prepare chicken and vegetables.
- In a saucepan sauté the garlic and onions in coconut oil until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken has browned
- Add water, diced tomatoes and tomato paste and carrots and herbs and spices, stir and simmer for 10min.
- Add remaining vegetables except the pak choi, stir and simmer for a further 10 min (note: you may need to add a little more water if all the water has evaporated, this will prevent it from burning and sticking to the base of the pot)
- Turn off heat stir in pak choi and pop on the lid and let sit for a further 5min.
- Serve and enjoy.