I ran out of the ingredients for my normal dahl one evening so I made one up!… And it was the yummiest I’ve ever made!
Here’s the recipe…
One quick note: I made mine in my thermomix but you could make it on the stove. Just bear in mind the cooking times etc. here are for use with a thermomix, for stovetop preparation please remember to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
What you need:
1 Onion – sliced in half for thermomix
Green Puy French lentils – using a measuring jug to measure fill to the 175ml line
Red lentils – as with Puy lentils, measure to the 175ml line on jug
600g sweet potato, roughly chopped
400ml can chopped tomatoes
1 can coconut cream
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sea salt or herbamare
1 head of chopped broccoli (chop off the stalk and discard)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
What you do:
- Add onion and garlic to Thermomix and chop on speed 7 for 7 seconds.
- Add coconut oil.
- Add curry powder.
- Cook on 100 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, lentils, coconut cream, tomatoes and water.
- Cook on 100 for 30 mins.
- Add broccoli for 5 more minutes on 100 degrees.
- You could serve this with rice, boiled buckwheat or cauliflower rice.
And that’s it! Super delicious Dahl.